If you always wanted to learn how to make Tapas or brush up on your knife skills, you are in for a treat. Chef Katie of Kitchen Canvas will be leading the evening-long cooking class. She will be creating a customized menu to please our eclectic culinary needs while guiding us through a selection of inventive recipes. It’s a combination of demonstration and hands-on cooking, so bring a knife and a cutting board and get ready to test your taste buds.
This ain’t you average cooking class, it’s a cooking party!
WHEN: Saturday, February 4 at 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Hyland House
WHAT TO BRING: One cutting board and knife per couple. Wine or beer
Payment of $40 per person and RSVP required. Space is limited.
Expect high flavor, herbs and spice with a nod to healthy living. The following is a suggested menu, subject to change and based on seasonal availability.
- Zucchini, radish and parmesian flatbread with herbs
- Pork, prosciutto, sage and fontina saltimbocca bites
- Roasted root vegetable and citrus salad with hazelnuts
- Sauteed white wine and garlic shrimp with smoked paprika
- Beef skewers with Italian salsa verde sauce
- Honey-Dijon roasted brussels sprouts
- Creamed greens and mushrooms
About Canvas Kitchen
Katie is a freelance food writer and recipe developer, as well as a cooking instructor, most recently at Whole Foods. She is known for her experimentation in the kitchen and re-working of recipes to put a personal spin on them. Katie loves sharing her passion for food with others, proving that anyone can be an artist in the kitchen. To read more about Katie and Kitchen Canvas, go to http://www.kitchen-canvas.com/